New York Times takes a Stab a Downtown Dining
Green Eggs & Ham | Photo by djjewelz via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
What do the Lazy Ox Canteen, WP24, Church and State, Rivera and Starry Kitchen have in common? They're all relatively new to downtown and today made a New York Times list of "Delicious Ways to Love Downtown Los Angeles."
The Times admits there has always been great spots like Philippe the Original, "but true destination restaurants have been few." At least until now, they say. "... downtown Los Angeles is now genuinely a place where people want to live and travel to for art fairs, music festivals, basketball games and more."
For LAist's take on some of these restaurants, check out our posts:
- The Lazy Ox Burger: Lost in the Shuffle
- Eye Nosh: The Lazy Ox Canteen
- Wolfgang Puck to Open an Asian Eatery at Downtown's Ritz-Carlton
- From Past to Plate: Rivera's New Menus Tell the Story of Connections
- Let's Do Lunch: Starry Kitchen