Extra, Extra: Yeah, We're All Stressed
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- It's not guaranteed that we'll beat out Honolulu for "Best City," (unless you vote!) but we sure beat them at being stressed.
- The crime fit the punishment for 52-year-old Curtis Hisle who will be serving 205 years to life for binding, raping and torturing two women for days back in 2004 and 2005. I'm sure the boys in the pokey will not take kindly to Hisle when they hear about why he's locked up.
- Gary Coleman is charged with reckless driving and disorderly conduct for smashing his adult car into a fan's on Sept. 6th in SLC, Utah. The fan took a picture of Coleman in a bowling alley, which led to an argument that led to Coleman throwing the hissy-fit.
- Continue celebrating Park[ing] Day LA at the A + D Museum on Friday with some art & music. LA Snark has the info.
- Imagine today is your birthday in the year 2009. Let's go to Disneyland because you can get in for free! Isn't the future great?
- The second finger injury is leading to the second lawsuit at Huntington Beach High because a door malfunctioned, crushing Alexina Karsh's finger. Karsh is asking for "damages of more than $25,000 and compensation for medical expenses and the cost of the lawsuit."
- Free Ticket Time! We have The Racontours and My Morning Jacket.