Win Tix to My Morning Jacket at The Greek Theatre
The contest for tomorrow's Black Crowes/G.Love & Special Sauce concert at The Greek Theatre is over, but we still have more for you. This Sunday, September 21, My Morning Jacket plays at The Greek's amphitheater space for their 5th studio album, The Evil Urges, which was released in June (tickets can be bought here)
$1 of each ticket sale for this concert is being donated to 826LA, a non-profit charity organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills as well as helping teachers inspire their students to write. In that spirit, to enter this contest, you must write a 50-word or less flash fiction story that takes place in Los Angeles in the comments section of this post (it's pretty easy and fun, see an example below).
Here's how the contest works:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post (below). Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is that you write a 50-word or less flash fiction (which is just a quick short) story that takes place in Los Angeles (classic example by Ernest Hemingway: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn.")
- You may only enter once.
- The contest closes at 7:00:00 a.m. on Friday, September 19, 2008.
- One winner will be selected at random to receive a pair of tickets and will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login. They must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 12:00 p.m., Friday, September 19, 2008 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- Tickets will be held at the will-call pick up at the event