This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: 'Hoverboard' Goes Out In A Blaze Of Glory On K-Town Street
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A "hoverboard" went out in a blaze of glory on a Koreatown street when L.A. firefighters had to extinguish it. Firefighters said it was "pretty impressive."
- "Affluenza" teen Ethan Couch got caught by authorities in Mexico with the help of a call to Domino's. #PizzaJustice
- The famed Aadlen Brothers Auto Wrecking and U-Pick Parts junkyard, which was used for several Hollywood movies and TV sets, is closing for good on New Year's Eve. LA Observed paid a visit and found that a lot of the 26-acre lot has already been cleared out.
- Trekkie fans may have raised over $1 million to make a Star Trek fan film, but CBS and Paramount aren't too happy about it. They slapped the producers with a copy infringement lawsuit.
- A conspiracy theorist has an idea or two as to why Chipotle has had such a tough year with norovirus and E. coli outbreaks. Psst...it's because of "food terrorists."
- Long Beach just got its very own FlyAway bus stop to LAX today. And it's pretty cheap right now at just $7 for a 22-mile ride.
- We give the man who posted a Facebook photo of a dog with a slice of ham on its face an A+ in trolling.
- And finally, let Top Chef season 6 winner Michael Voltaggio and rapper Vince Staples teach you how to saber open a champagne bottle with a butter knife. Kids, don't try this at home: