This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Apparently this city really loves its awards shows and the sinister underbelly of The Cos. LAist had one of its biggest weeks yet and for that we say, "thank you." Hopefully, next week, some former child actor will hijack an orange line bus and we can continue appealing to the masses.
- Did you like our Golden Globes coverage or just want to know more about Drew Barrymore's freedom orbs?
- If Buffy the Vampire Slayer ever has a revival, we're guessing it will be Cliff Huxtable that re-opens the hellmouth.
- Life has not been kind to Leif.
- People like to talk about David Foster Wallace.
- we interviewed Mark Sarvas and Chelsea Handler.
- and, we went to Geisha House and left unimpressed.
The Week in Full.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.