Previously (and Currently) on LAist
Where did July go? The end of the month snuck up on us today and so here we are working and reflecting. LAist had its one year anniversary early in July but we're just getting around to celebrating it this week. Thursday, in fact. Details to come as we get even closer to the date. Today, we want to point you towards our new rss feed (and if you scroll down the homepage, you'll find some handy dandy buttons for adding LAist to your favorite rss reader), the mobile version of the site and our updated about page complete with a brand new FAQ.
Now while we're going to sit down and get filled with jealousy and envy while we read about Defamer's own Mark Lisanti in today's Calendar section (complete with giant vanity picture!!), we should note that the Gothamist network of sites (of which we're a part) were named a best city blog and a forbes favorite. Meanwhile, we got parodied and a fight broke out.
Our most read pieces this month:
- We hated on LAX and then mocked the backlash.
- The perfect summer apparel? The t-shirt.
- We all scream for ice cream.
- We took our interviews in the wayback machine, travelling to the 40s and 60s.
- Our Planet Electronica ticket giveaway was our most popular contest yet.
and, the last week in full.