Extra, Extra: Break Up a Fight-Night
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- In "Stay Safe Tonight" News - Here's some tips on the proper way to break up a bar fight from Esquire (via NBCLA).
- Let us guess, you got a warranty with the laptop you bought from Office Depot? How'd we know? They only sell laptops if you agree to buy a warranty. No warranty, no laptop!
- Torontoist has an Obama-war going on. One guy opens up Obama Café, then a few doors down, an internet shop formerly known as the United Internet Café changed their name to Obama Cybernet Café. Coincidence?
- Mark your calendar - Save some money on your kids and shop at the Consignment sale coming up in Van Nuys on March 27-29.
- LA has way high unemployment rates, but where are the hardest hit? LA Metblogs put together a pretty extensive map of our current situation.
- Some say ketchup "thief," hey says ketchup "recycler." In an odd case, former Orange Unified School District Board member Steve Rocco is facing theft charges for stealing a 14-ounce bottle of Heinz ketchup. He maintains that he took the half bottle because he was going to recycle it.
- Every year on his birthday, "Father Dollar Bill" hands out money to "his flock." Today, he handed out $15,000 on Skid Row.
- A sad story in Encino today - a 79-year-old woman drowned in her jacuzzi. The death was listed as an accidental drowning.