Extra, Extra: Keep It Snuggie, LA
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Snuggies are taking over? Really??? Are you one of the 4 million Americans who bought one last month? The success, some say, is attributed to people dialing down heat, thus needing added warmth while being able to change the tv.
- Alcohol abuse and car crashes are never funny, especially when combined. An elderly woman drove her car into a liquor store windowfront early this afternoon in Huntington Beach. The only injuries reported were several shelves of delicious liquor that were knocked over.
- Did you feel it? Probably not, but there was an 4.2 earthquake at 12:41 in the Channel Islands off the coast of San Diego.
- David Weintraub, star of Sons of Hollywood was arrested last night in Hollywood after failing a sobriety test. Normally, sons of celebrities getting arrested for DUI's are second page news, but this is a reminder that Police will be out in FULL force this Super Bowl weekend. Be safe.
- In a story too sick for words, an O.C. Karate instructor is in jail today for allegedly molesting a 4-year-old student.
- Pasadena rejected two "outside the box" public art proposals today. The "Thinking Caps" and "Light Field" art proposals will never see the light of day.