Extra, Extra: Keep It Snuggie, LA
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Snuggies are taking over? Really??? Are you one of the 4 million Americans who bought one last month? The success, some say, is attributed to people dialing down heat, thus needing added warmth while being able to change the tv.
- Alcohol abuse and car crashes are never funny, especially when combined. An elderly woman drove her car into a liquor store windowfront early this afternoon in Huntington Beach. The only injuries reported were several shelves of delicious liquor that were knocked over.
- Did you feel it? Probably not, but there was an 4.2 earthquake at 12:41 in the Channel Islands off the coast of San Diego.
- David Weintraub, star of Sons of Hollywood was arrested last night in Hollywood after failing a sobriety test. Normally, sons of celebrities getting arrested for DUI's are second page news, but this is a reminder that Police will be out in FULL force this Super Bowl weekend. Be safe.
- In a story too sick for words, an O.C. Karate instructor is in jail today for allegedly molesting a 4-year-old student.
- Pasadena rejected two "outside the box" public art proposals today. The "Thinking Caps" and "Light Field" art proposals will never see the light of day.