This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Olivia de Havilland's 'Feud' Lawsuit Is Headed To Trial
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Why some earthquakes get downgraded over time.
- Cannabis-infused instant coffee is a thing that exists.
- This "Yom Kippur"-themed cake that some Whole Foods are selling is really next level (Jews fast on Yom Kippur... also those decorations are for different holidays).
- But on that topic, Poetry Foundation is highlighting Robin Becker's wonderful poem "Yom Kippur, Taos, New Mexico” today, and for good reason.
- Vulture has ranked every episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- Olivia de Havilland scored a major court victory Friday, when a judge ruled that her lawsuit against FX Networks and Ryan Murphy could proceed to trial.
- There's a Gloria Steinem biopic in the works.
- Bas Jan Ader's seminal 1971 video piece I'm Too Sad To Tell You is a super fun thing to watch on a Friday afternoon!! Hit mute before you play though, because it's not supposed to have sound and whoever uploaded it added a weird soundtrack: