This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Ivanka Trump Claims To Have Cried For 24 Hours After Kurt Cobain Died
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Fans of The Daily, the New York Times' excellent morning podcast, will enjoy this interview with host Michael Barbaro.
- According to her mother Ivana's new memoir (which includes some passages by the First Daughter), Ivanka Trump claims to have cried for "twenty-four hours" after Kurt Cobain committed suicide in 1994. This was presumably the last time she ever had feelings.
- Suck it, Britain: the high-profile British literary Man Booker Prize has been awarded to an American novelist for the second year in a row.
- This Long Beach brunch restaurant was low-key serving reheated Popeye’s chicken.
- According to Vanity Fair, Jared Kushner has just added Charles Harder, the lawyer who crushed Gawker, to his legal team. Harder presumably has some extra time now that he's no longer repping Harvey Weinstein.
- The news never stops. Here is something else to open in your browser window: a lovely little poem by Dorianne Laux.
- Here is a YouTube video of a crackling fireplace, complete with thunder and rain sounds. No one will judge if you watch it on repeat: