This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
ICYMI: Howlin' Ray's Will Expand To The Westside In 2018, If There Is A 2018
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Congratulations, 2017 is now officially just another year that you didn't win a MacArthur and may or may not die in a nuclear war. But look on the bright side! Taylor Swift just announced she's releasing a Taylor Swift-themed app.
- And the good news doesn't end there.According to our friends at Eater, beloved Chinatown fried chicken spot Howlin’ Ray’s will be expanding to the Westside in 2018. That is, if there is a 2018.
- There is a full-size replica of the Sistine Chapel that has been touring Mexico for the last year (it was unveiled in Mexico City last summer and will soon arrive in the Yucatán). That's cool.
- Amazon has finally introduced a waterproof Kindle, so you won't have to worry about dropping/drowning your Kindle when you are reading
Infinite Jesttrashy romance novels in the bath for the 37th night in a row. The new model will be available at the end of October.
- A Torrance bank robber was reportedly aided by his girlfriend, who happened to be the bank teller he was demanding cash from. Maybe love isn't dead after all.
- Today, as LAist readers know, has officially been declared "X Day" in the City of Los Angeles in honor of the punk band. Here's a vintage video of the band playing their classic song "Los Angeles":