Foodie Round-Up: Striking Writers Still Eat Better than Most People in LA
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- People with too much time on their hands: Amy Ephron and other striking writers have whipped up a food blog.
- Our current food blog obsession: Luxeat, a Parisian model who eats at the finest restaurants in France and takes luscious pictures. Of the food.
- Over at the LA Times, food editor Leslie Brenner is really sticking it to the new Michelin Guide. Among her criticisms? "The book that purports to be the bible of fine dining is so poorly researched and lamely written that the ratings have no credibility."
- Now you can have a virtual Gordon Ramsay bitch you out in the comfort of your very own home! A "Hell's Kitchen" video game is in development.
- Late Night Eats in Westwood: great for those drunk munchies you've got after you stumble out of Maloney's at two in the morning. I can vouch for almost every place on this list. The garlic cheese bread at Enzo's is basically the best thing you've ever tasted in your life when you're drunk.
- Carne Asada Fries??? Sounds like a new Los Angeles food tradition, like a SoCal poutine. Thanks, JGold!
- Make your own bacon? I think I have a new calling in life. No, seriously, I can make sage mustard smoked bacon?
- EaterLa's been scoping out the new pizzeria import from Toronto, Terroni.
- Potatomato is back from Paris and discovering that Ord Noodle is one of the best kept secrets of Thai Town. We already knew that, though.
Photo by spinosaurus via Flickr