This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Foodie Round-Up: Festival Weekend!!!
- If you don't get yourself to a festival this weekend, we're really going to question your priorities in life. Andy Sternberg lists the highlights , while Caroline on Crack narrows in on the awesome food festivals also happening this weekend.
- We have spent the entire month eating our way through Thai Town. We're winding down our series with Thai Town Express, Sanamluang Cafe, Thailand Plaza , and Thaitown Noodle.
- New Zagats are out! New Zagats are outI I love these little guides just because they're so handy to keep in your pocket or bag and consult on a moment's notice. Two Valley restaurants topped the food ratings list : Asenebo in Studio City and Brandywine in Woodland Hills. Mozza Pizzeria is Best Newcomer.
- Regina Schrambling, what's your beef with bloggers? The LA Times worries its pretty head over the commercial- and celebrity-chef-driven success of Top Chef, and EaterLA responds with a level-headed assessment of why it really is such a great show.
- Is foie gras really good on everything? Or does a PB & J & Foie sandwich go a leeeeeetle too far?
- Who says LA doesn't have great Chinese food? Jonathan Gold knows that the secrets of the Sichuan lie in the San Gabriel Valley, and sniffs out a noteworthy fish dish at Hong Yei .
Oh look guys, here comes Michael Bauer again, this time telling food bloggers to turn their cameras off when they're in a nice restaurant. We annoy you, don't we, Mr. Bauer?Photo by Carrie Meathrell for LAist
How to get the best eggs in town without leaving your yard.
Beautiful views aren't the only thing drawing Angelenos to the region
Gab Chabrán reflects on growing up in L.A. in a Latino home that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving and the traditions they formed instead.
Oklahoma-style smash burgers and Georgian dumplings make for some excellent cheap bites in Glendale
Husband and wife Felix Agyei and Hazel Rojas combine food from their heritages, creating a marriage of West African and Filipino cooking
Baby Yoda cocktails. Boozy Dole Whips. Volcanic tiki drinks. If you can dream it, they're probably mixing it somewhere on property.