Foodie Round-Up: Padma, Croc Clothes, and Blogger Controversy
- Did you read the now-notorious article in the LA Times about food writing, anonymity, and the role of bloggers? LA Foodblogging has an excellent response here, and Variety's food blog shares two simple rules for online reviews.
- What’s on the menu for the Jewish holidays? The LAT suggests braised veal, leek fritters, and cilantro-tomato soup, while the NY Times is answering questions about Rosh Hashana meals via its food message boards.
- When the LA Times isn't being bratty about food bloggers, they manage to provide useful, fun recipes like these: perfect Hollywood Bowl picnic meals!
- Sooo I don't know if you've noticed but we're kind of killing it over here on the Thai Town restaurant tip: the latest installments of LAist's Thai One On Project include: Jao^ka, Jitlada, A&P Pastries, Sapp's Coffee Shop, and Ord Noodle.
- Jonathan Gold says that although "every Iranian restaurant has the exact same menu," Flame in Westwood is still worth a visit for its delicious Persian cuisine.
- Did you know that (in)famous restaurant critic and former New York Mag reviewer Gael Greene has a blog? One of us...one of us....
- Is it just me, or is it funny that people WANT to dress like Mario Batali? The makers of those infamous clogs are now expanding to a "plastic-inspired clothing range" -- totally awesome or a sign of the apocalypse?
- If that wasn't whimsical enough for you, how about a secret cheese conspiracy over at Jared's favorite restaurant, Subway? I don't care if the cheese is secretly telling me to buy more, I like those dang sandwiches!
- CUTEST TOP CHEF MOMENT EVER!!! After the jump!!
Photo of Challah by jackvinson via Flickr
Okay, yes, we admit, Padma's a little stiff sometimes but hey! Any chick who can cook Indian food and allegedly indulges in a little puff-puff before filming is alright with us. Plus, how cute is she in this clip waking up the Top Chef contestants? heck out the girl-on-girl tickle action! And CJ's reaction to being woken by a former model is absolutely priceless.