This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Organic Food is Not Organic
- All of your organic eaters, listen up! Turns out, many of the high-priced products you've probably ingested, came from fertilizer that was spiked with ammonium sulfate.
- Be on the lookout for a West Covina man who looks like a character of the board game, Guess Who?. He is said to have impersonated a police officer by pulling a woman over and then making sexual comments to her.
- Muggers prefer women in heels. Well... who doesn't?
- Bad economy = free rock shows. Stop by the Knitting Factory next Monday from 6-8 pm and choose 2 free tickets to a slew up upcoming shows.
- The Blog Community is TIGHT, especially here in LA. So it should be no surprise that the LA Cowboy has thrown out an endorsement and advises everyone to vote for The Elegant Variation, which is up for a weblog award.
- Rowdy dogs used to simply upset neighbors, who then called authorities thus ending in a loooong court trial - wasting tax money, and a lot of time. Now, residents of Riverside could just be slapped with a fine for their dog's insubordination. Subsequent violators could see fines as much as $500.
- Workers began soil and seismic studies today to see if a tunnel could be built to complete the route between the northern boundary of the 710 and 210 freeways, Maria Raptis of Caltrans said.