This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: L.A. Tofu Festival and Sunset Junction Street Fair this Weekend!
- Don't forget to head out to the LA Tofu Festival and Sunset Junction Street Fair this weekend!
- Several large Japanese corporations are working with Japanese American community organizations in L.A. to bring a massive float to the U.S. for the first time.
- The very "principled" Republicans senators in the California legislature are citing fiscal sanity and their constituents as the primary factors driving their continued stalling on the budget bill.
- A man was hit and killed by an eastbound freight train yesterday night near Parthenia Street and Lindley Avenue.
- Stamen Design created Oakland Crimespotting with Microsoft Virtual Earth as a convenient tool to track crime in the Oakland area.
- John McCain: the "greatest war critic" ever?
- The LAT reports on the state of Pisco, a city hard-hit by the deadly 8.0 magnitude earthquake that rocked Peru on Wednesday.
- Hurricane Dean, currently speeding across the eastern Caribbean, could turn into a Category 5 storm within the next 72 hours.