Extra, Extra: Gang Signs With Santa Backfire
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Nobody is safe from taking pictures with Santa. An Anaheim man on probation and ordered to stay away from his gang was arrested for violating that injunction when an officer discovered a picture of him flashing gang signs in a picture with Santa and a few cronies.
- Have you checked into Cedars-Sinai in the past 5 years? Better check your credit report, former employee Alan Wilson is being held on $895k bail for charges including identity theft, insurance fraud and grand theft.
- Gladiatooors, ready!!! If you always dreamed of being Maximus from Gladiator, now's your chance. The Colosseum in Rome is opening back up with the sights and smells of 2,000 years ago.
- You think the recession is behind us, or may be over in 2009? Think again. A San Francisco group representing dock employers at U.S. West Coast ports says 2010 is shaping up to be just as bleak.
- A Hollywood man made national headlines today by not throwing anything away for almost a year. Dave Chameides recycles his garbage or else stores it in his basement. He says he "wants to show that it is possible to dramatically reduce his family's consumption habits." You can follow him on his blog
- Want to write a law for California? Now's your chance.
- An innocent man that has spent 4 Christmas' behind bars will have to spend one more even though he's free to go. Like many others, he's snowed in.
- A Hostage situation in El Monte today began at 3:20. An armed man grabbed a 6-year-old. Refresh this page for updates.