This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Google Knows Best
"More!" / Photo by gregmote
- Do you hate your hungover-self for those drunk e-mails you sent last night to your Ex of 3 years? Google's new "Mail Goggles" is trying to save you some face, one simple math problem at a time. Don't dare try this with late-night texting, for you risk late-night booty.
- Good thing the Government bailed out AIG, the employees could finally catch up on their company (now taxpayer) sponsored mani-pedis, spa treatments, facials, massages, and catered banquets. Seriously...
- The HOB Sunset is in trouble of losing their business license due to 100's of Police dispatches and the unwillingness to reform. Every Police dispatch is followed by HOB Management profusely apologizing then returning to the rocking and/or rolling.
- Debris of the boat driven by 51-year-old Henry Sanchez, and his companion, 48-year-old Penny Avila, both of Santa Ana, was found today by divers about 5 miles off San Pedro. The boat collided with a barge last Thursday.
- Isn't Luke Walton the dreamiest? Stacy Elizabeth Beshear, 34, has been charged with stalking the Laker at home and at practice. They will never be together though because Beshear (who is "not all there" and wants to move to SD with Walton) states, "The people in the universe! They won't let me move, because they say you and I are supposed to be together."
- Like obesity and crack, copper wire theft is LA's newest "epidemic."
- A tragedy always brings to light things we take for granted. On the heels of Nick Nolte's house fire, the LAFD blog gives us some much needed alarm information.
- All you non-procrastinators out there, you can vote early... in Norwalk.
- Bow to the 5-story Taco!!!
- Fruits and vegetables in the Lakewood area are on high alert today because of the discovery of Oriental fruit flys in the area. The Agricultural Dept. has just doubled their treatment area so lock up your loved perishables.