Extra Extra: Somebody Please Give Sad Bear A Hug!
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The man responsible for killing a woman and her two young children in a street-racing accident last month has been tracked down and arrested in Mexico; Martin Marones is expected to be charged with three counts of murder.
- So many questions! Has "Heroes: Origins" been shelved? Or just "postponed" due to the writers strikes? Will we ever find out who's been offing the group of twelve? And what's up with this ADAM guy???
- Two people were killed this morning when a small plane taking off from the Chino Airport crashed soon after leaving the ground. The FAA is investigating fog as a factor.
- Oh Sad Bear! Why do you haunt us? Will no one hug you or even donate you to some needy child?
- The 2007 Weblog Awards are upon us! Head on over to cast your vote for favs like BoingBoing, Gawker, and Lifehacker. And even though she's all the way in Canada, we're hoping Raymi The Minx will destroy those conservative Canadian bloggers. GO BLOG SLAYER!!!
- Now is probably not the best time to mention it, but "Survivor" is still one of the best shows on television, period. Reality shows are staffing up in preparation for the strikes; "Big Brother" could start casting again in the next few weeks.
- A 21-year-old female was jailed on suspicion of ramming her car into a group of other women, killing a pregnant woman. A fight had broken out between two groups of women in the parking lot of a Big Lots in South LA; both groups are suspected to be aligned with gangs.
- There's more on the Why Tuesday movement over at NPR, big ups to our friend Jacob Soboroff!
- California business moves are not hurting employment rates, according to a study conducted by the Public Policy Institute of California: "The number of California jobs moving to other states due to business relocations is a relatively inconsequential 11,000 per year out of more than 18 million jobs."
- I've got an idea for you studios aching for new sitcom ideas: "Desperate Sheriffs"! Mike Carona and his cronies are pleading not guilty to federal corruption charges.
- Contest Time! Contest Time! Enter to win Joanna Newsom tickets and Great Northern tickets/swag.