This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: Recall Movement for Jack Weiss and the Governator's Healthcare Plan
- The movement to recall LA Westside Councilman Jack Weiss is going strong with close to half the signatures necessary already in.
- The Governator wants HIS healthcare plan enacted, Democrats be damned!
- The Big One could be up to 15 times larger than the 1994 Northridge earthquake, according to a newly released study by USC geologists.
- Why not try your hand at naming chef Alain Giraud's newest brasserie?
- The second in a series of "All-American Presidential Forums on PBS" for Republican candidates, moderated by Tavis Smiley, will take place on September 27 and will be broadcast live from Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland.
- The arraignment for self-purported pedophile Jack McClellan - who faces 3 civil contempt-of-court charges - is set for today.
- Make up your mind General Pace: do you support the surge or not?
- A new intelligence report has revealed that (surprise, surprise) the surge hasn't accomplished its goals and predicts that things are gonna get even more dicey in the months ahead.