Singles Going Steady
• Join a lonely hearts club for A Violet Valentine tonight at The Echo, featuring Dntel, The Long Lost, Becky Stark and Winter Flowers, with DJ sets by Jimmy Tamborello, frosty, Sobbing Sara and Tommy DeNys, a picture show by Chad Misner and treats from Hip Hop Chocolates. Things kick off at 9 PM; admission is $5. [18+]
• Tangier features Benji Hughes, Gus Seyferrt, Tom Brosseau, Vincent and Mrs Green and Kirstin Mooney at 8 PM. Tickets are $7.
• Kind Hearts and Coronets and Secretary Bird are at the Silverlake Lounge this evening. Cover is $5.
• The world premiere program California EAR Unit in Love gives us some lovely sounds at REDCAT tonight at 8:30 PM. Tickets are $20.
• Screening in the City brings Midnight Cowboy to The Mountain Bar at 8:30 PM.
Photo by poesie.
• JMP with resident DJs J. Rocc and Melo D of the Beat Junkies, and Peanut Butter Wolf are at the Knitting Factory tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $5. [21+]
• Jessi Colter appears with special guest (and son) Shooter Jennings, Tony Joe White and Don Was tonight at the Viper Room.
• The Egyptian Theater has the ultimate outsider tale of love, Harold and Maude, screening tonight at 7:30 PM.
• AFI at Arclight presents Hitchcock's Psycho at 8 PM.
• Sabrosa Purr, La Rocca and Cold War Kids are at Spaceland tonight. Doors open at 9 PM.
• Dengue Fever, El Ten Eleven, Papillion, Naomi and DJ Saul Good are at Tangier tonight at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $10.
• The Silverlake Lounge features 50 Foot Wave and Helicopter, Helicopter tonight at 10 PM. Tickets are $10 advance.
• X, The Johns and Donita Sparks are at the House of Blues Sunset tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $30-32.50. [18+]
• El Cid features Moris Tepper, Inara George and Marianne Dissard and Naim Amor. Tickets are $10.
• The Sweet and Tender Hooligans and Audio Karate are at the Troubadour. Doors open at 8 PM; tickets are $13 advance, $15 day of.
• RJD2, Aceyalone, Busdriver and Wax Tailor are at the El Rey tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $23.50.
• Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys, Laurie Lewis and Tom Rozum appear at Royce Hall tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $25-45.
• The New Beverly has an Italian double feature: the legendary Cannibal Holocaust at 8 PM, followed by Lucio Fulci's The Beyond at 9:55.
• Women over 18 can show up at the Staples Center between 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM for free screenings and information at the National Women's Heart Day® Health Fair. In addition to free heart disease screenings, the Fair also features exhibits, recipes, advice and demonstrations on how to best care for your heart.
• Saint Etienne appear at Avalon tonight at 8 PM. Tickets are $21.50.
• Mary Gauthier performs tonight at McCabe's Guitar Shop at 8 PM. Tickets are $17.50.
• The New Beverly has an Italian double feature: the legendary Cannibal Holocaust at 4:25 and 8 PM, followed by Lucio Fulci's The Beyond at 6:20 and 9:55.
• The Huntington celebrates with a Chinese New Year Festival from 10:30 AM - 4:30 PM, featuring lion dancers, Chinese music, martial arts demonstrations, children's activities, and a traditional flower market. It's all free with general admission.
• Do something good for your mama at the 30-Minute Beach Cleanup this morning in Long Beach. Volunteers will be sprucing up the beach, meeting between 10 and 10:30 AM to do some good work, enjoy some coffee from The Coffee Bean and maybe win some prizes.
• Mary Gauthier performs tonight at McCabe's Guitar Shop at 7 PM. Tickets are $17.50.
• Upsilon Acrux and Some Girls appear at The Echo tonight at 6 PM. Tickets are $8.
• Jesca Hoop takes the Hotel Cafe stage at 10 PM.