This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Queen Anne's Revenge
• 50 Foot Wave performs tonight at the Knitting Factory with The Slow Signal Fade and Asher. Tickets are $8 and doors open at 8 PM.
• Spaceland features Out Hud, Tussle and Anavan tonight after 9 PM.
• The Section Quartet will be at The Echo tonight with special guests Fire Bug. Tickets are $8. [18+]
• If you missed them the first time, The Pixies are back for two shows tonight—7 and 10:30 PM— atThe Wiltern. Tickets are $45.
• Robert C. Ritchie, director of research at the WM Keck Foundation, will give “The Last Pirate Talk,” on the nature of 17th-century buccaneering, at The Huntington. Admission is free and the lecture begins at 7:30 PM.
Click here to see our list of events for the rest of the week.