This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Fruit Trees and Other Freebies
Haven't you always wanted to grow your favorite fruit in your own backyard?
* LA Mill Opening - Stop by the long-awaiting opening of LA Mill's new coffee shop in Silver Lake. You might just get yourself a free cuppa, like this chowhound and an EaterLA commenter did. But hurry, LA Mill closes at 6 today.
* Fridays are Free at the Long Beach Museum of Art.
* The Getty is ALWAYS free. It's a beautiful, clear day. Go to The Getty Museum and decompress (open until 9 p.m. Fri and Sat, 6 p.m. other nights).
* The Griffith Observatory - is awaiting your visit. You no longer need to make advance reservations (these were mandatory in the first year after the renovated observatory's late 2006 reopening). Look to the stars and beyond, or drop a few bucks to see the show in the planetarium or Leonard Nimoy's Event Horizon (open until 10 p.m. nightly).
* Aztec Stories, Saturday at the UCLA Fowler Museum.
"Experience the world of the Aztecs through poetry, oral tradition stories, and ballads. Storyteller Michael Heralda shares the history, language, foods and arts from an indigenous perspective. -- ExperienceLA