10 Metro Stations Will Soon Have Zipcars
Surviving Los Angeles without a car just got a little easier—Zipcar will be adding 10 more car-sharing locations at Metro stations.On Friday Mayor Eric Garcetti announced the addition of the car-sharing service to six Metro lines, saying the partnership with Zipcar would give Angelenos another option to get around the city. "Our pilot Zipcar partnership carries on our commitment to extend the reach of our Metro Rail system by making it more convenient to travel the last mile," he said in a press release from Metro.
"Improving the first mile/last mile access to transit with initiatives such as the partnership with Zipcars is critical to making transportation more convenient," said Metro Board member Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker.
The new locations will be at Metro stations that have park-and-ride lots, and are as follows:
- Blue Line Willow Lot, 2750 American Ave., Long Beach 90806
- Expo Line La Cienega/Jefferson, 5664 W Jefferson Blvd., Los Angeles 90016
- Gold Line Indiana Lot, 210 S Indiana St., Los Angeles 90063
- Gold Line Lincoln/Cypress, 370 W Avenue 26, Los Angeles 90031
- Green Line El Segundo, 2226 E El Segundo Blvd., El Segundo 90245
- Orange Line Van Nuys, 6062 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys, 91411
- Orange Line Pierce College, 6425 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills, 91367
- Red Line North Hollywood, 5391 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood 91601
- Red Line Universal City, 3913 Lankershim Blvd.,Studio City 91604
- Red Line Westlake/MacArthur Park, 660 S. Alvarado St., Los Angeles 90057
Zipcar members can reserve cars by the hour or day, which they pick up and return at various locations throughout each city it is available in. Each of the new Metro locations will have two cars.