Joe Biden Will Shut Down Wilshire Tomorrow At Rush Hour
America's goofy uncle, Vice President Joe Biden, drops by L.A. Monday afternoon just in time to stop traffic at rush hour on one of the city's busiest stretches of street.
Beverly Hills police sent out a warning that Wilshire Boulevard will experience "rolling closures" Monday afternoon between the 405 and Beverly Hills thanks to a visiting dignitary. Biden will be leap-frogging between Democratic fundraisers around the westside, and participating in a "roundtable about minimum wage" with L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti, which we can only hope is a euphemism for a joint washing of the Trans Am in the Getty House driveway.
If you want an opportunity to hear Uncle Joe in person, the fundraisers are around $2,500 a person. President Barack Obama comes by later in the week.
UPDATE 10/7: The LAPD released a schedule of areas to avoid on Tuesday, October 7 before Biden leaves town:
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., the area around Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards
- 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., the area around North Broadway between 19th Avenue and Daly Street
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the area around North Spring Street between 18th Avenue and Arcadia Street
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the the area around Cesar Chavez and Grand avenues
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the area around Grand Avenue between Cesar Chavez Avenue and Olympic Boulevard