When Eating Locally Grown Food Goes Too Far
There's nothing wrong with encouraging and supporting your local farmers markets and community supported agriculture programs, but urban foraging can be harmful, sometimes deadly, if you don't know what you're doing (if you do, you can make a wonderful salad). Apparently, students at Marshall High believe a local, yet poisonous, flower called Angels Trumpet has hallucinogenic properties and are eating the flower while walking to and from school, reports The Eastsider LA via the LAPD. "Could be true," the police said in a newsletter, "or their bodies are reacting to the poisonous toxins they ingested." Just take Dramamine, one website suggests.