This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Weekend Festival Guide: Detour, NoHo, Eagle Rock, Brewery
- NOHO Scene Saturday 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.: Promising a new, improved take on the NoHo Arts Festival. Free theater, dance and music , art exhibits, film screenings and workshops, plus food and goods from NoHo merchants. Proudly sponsored by yourCRA/LA. Free. MAP
- Brewery Art Walk Sat-Sun 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.: This twice-a-year event is all the reason you need to explore The Brewery, conveniently (though conspicuously) located north of Chinatown. Lots of participants. Free. MAP.
- Detour 2007 Saturday Noon-Midnight: Second Annual downtown music extravaganza on four stages. We've been going on about this all week (see preview, with lineups and stage times). $35.50. MAP.
- Eagle Rock Music Festival Saturday 5 p.m. - Midnight: Ninth annual event on Eagle Rock's Colorado strip. Presenting 40 bands (including Mia Doi Todd, Chuchito Valdes, The Pity Party, Dengue Fever). Free. MAP.
- TarFest, thru Sunday: Featuring film Saturday and music Sunday. La Brea Tar Pits / Hancock Park (read our preview). Free. MAP.
- Museums Free-For-All, Saturday: 21 LA museums open their doors for free (of course, some are always free).
Photo by mind-hacker via flickr.