Weekend Festival Guide: Detour, NoHo, Eagle Rock, Brewery
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- NOHO Scene Saturday 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.: Promising a new, improved take on the NoHo Arts Festival. Free theater, dance and music , art exhibits, film screenings and workshops, plus food and goods from NoHo merchants. Proudly sponsored by yourCRA/LA. Free. MAP
- Brewery Art Walk Sat-Sun 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.: This twice-a-year event is all the reason you need to explore The Brewery, conveniently (though conspicuously) located north of Chinatown. Lots of participants. Free. MAP.
- Detour 2007 Saturday Noon-Midnight: Second Annual downtown music extravaganza on four stages. We've been going on about this all week (see preview, with lineups and stage times). $35.50. MAP.
- Eagle Rock Music Festival Saturday 5 p.m. - Midnight: Ninth annual event on Eagle Rock's Colorado strip. Presenting 40 bands (including Mia Doi Todd, Chuchito Valdes, The Pity Party, Dengue Fever). Free. MAP.
- TarFest, thru Sunday: Featuring film Saturday and music Sunday. La Brea Tar Pits / Hancock Park (read our preview). Free. MAP.
- Museums Free-For-All, Saturday: 21 LA museums open their doors for free (of course, some are always free).
Photo by mind-hacker via flickr.