This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- British Airways.You're cordially invited to an island vacation where the castles are made of more than just sand. Explore Britain. Book now.
- One Kings Lane. See what's on sale now!
- Zero Hour. Break the code, save the world. Premieres Thursday, February 14th on ABC.
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Tickets on sale now.
- Christies Education. Master's, postgraduate, and short course programs in New York and London.
- Vegan Beer and Food Festival. Saturday, May 4th. Tickets on sale now!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.