Tom Morello To Perform in Los Angeles at the One Nation Event Tomorrow
If you follow filmmaker, writer, and activist Jason Pollock on Twitter, then you probably know he's all about getting involved and taking part in democracy (after all, he's the guy behind the documentary The Youngest Candidate). He approached us today and asked if he could share a post about an event tomorrow and we thought it was worth passing along. Thanks, Jason!One Nation Marches are taking place tomorrow all over America with the biggest one in D.C. However, we here in Los Angeles will get a special treat at our local event. The one & only Tom Morello, one of the most vocal & active musicians on the political landscape, will be performing live at the LA One Nation Event!
Morello performs his solo act as "The Nightwatchman", and if you haven't seen him perform already then I highly recommend you come out!
Here's info from the site about where to be in Los Angeles on October 2nd:
To accommodate all the people coming to the event, the organizers have moved the event to the other end of LACC: LA City College (855 Vermont for tracking purposes)
Driving Range Parking Lot
At the corner of New Hampshire and Melrose
Rally Begins 9AM
Bring a hat, a little water, and your hope
Here’s a map!
Parking is at Lot 5
- 9 AM to 11 AM: Massive Public Display & Mobilization, Performances & Program
- 11 AM-Noon: “Tools & Tactics” Coaching Followed by door-to-door team canvassing. Sign-up to do get out the vote work for final 30 days before Election Day
- Public Transportation: Metro Local Line 26 or Metro Red Line to stop Vermont/Santa Monica Stop;
- RSVP or Volunteer: http://www.onenationca.org/sign-up/
- If you're not in Los Angeles and want to find a One Nation Event in your city go to the main site.
If you want to know more about the One Nation Movement here's a bit from their site:
We all deserve a just and fair chance to achieve the American Dream. Our national identity is rooted in the ideal that all people - regardless of race, class, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, heritage or ability - should have the opportunity to fulfill their potential. One Nation Working Together will chart a bold, pragmatic path toward a more unified, sustainable, prosperous future by building support for these core principles and policy ideals.