This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
The Week in Weed - Let Them Bake
- The founder of Reason magazine wrote a column in today's LA Times entitled "Let them have their pot" about the feds cockblocking weed from sick people - LAT
- The cost of getting a California medical marijuana ID card is going up almost 1,000% because not enough people are getting California medical marijuana ID cards. Which is interesting because we thought that marijuana dispensaries in LA were booming. So wtf? - Bay Area Reporter
- Fire that took hours to put out in Oceanside led to the discovery of hundreds of pot plants. $5,000 worth of damage, but none of the weed was damaged - North County Times
- Bricks of pot weighing 70 pounds found during a traffic stop in San Diego - Sign on San Diego
- SLO is delivery hub for shitty Mexican grass? - SLO Trib
- Apple Valley home with over $50k in growing equipment was busted when Edison saw that the house was not being billed for any electricity, even though it was using 670% more than a normal house with A/C running - Victorville Daily Press
- Were the DEA raids in LA illegal? - Newstarget
- Hayward medical marijuana patient busted in Washington for growing four plants wont be going to jail - NC Times
- Cops seize $5 million dollars of pot from almost 5,000 plants in Washington - KXLY
- Border Patrol agents find almost a ton (1,600 pounds) of herb in an abandoned truck in Arizona - AZ Daily Star