It’s Thursday, Jan. 30 And Here Are The Stories We’re Following Today
Those strong winds will likely continue to blow through most of the morning. A wind advisory is in effect, with gusts of up to 40 mph, through 10 a.m. Otherwise it’ll be sunny with a high around 76 degrees and an overnight low of 52.
What We’re Covering:
- For the first time, all three candidates for L.A. County District Attorney faced off last night in a debate hosted by KPCC and the LA Times. The crowd was raucous as incumbent DA Jackie Lacey, former San Francisco DA George Gascon and former federal public defender Rachel Rossi fielded questions.
- Watch the full debate here. Reporter Emily Dugdale will also have highlights and analysis soon.
- Cal State University trustees have decided to put aside a controversial proposal to add a year of math or math skills to the admission application until an independent panel studies the plan. Reporter Adolfo Guzman-Lopez will have the details.
- Yesterday's high-rise fire in Sawtelle left 11 injured and scores evecuated. This morning, authorities plan to assess the extent of the damage and determine if people can go home. We'll have more on that once there is word.
- Finally, for all you pop culture fiends, reporter Mike Roe is looking into a new Britney Spears pop-up opening near the Grove.
Help Us Cover Your Community:
- Got something you’ve always wanted to know about Southern California and the people who call it home? Is there an issue you want us to cover? Ask us anything >>
- Have a tip about news on which we should dig deeper? Let us know >>
The news cycle moves fast. Stories sometimes get postponed or simply don’t pan out. As such, this list is not final.