This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Virgin America. Grab a seat and learn to love flying again on the new route from LAX to Toronto. Nonstop service now available everyday.
- Winnebago Man, Jack Rebney, live and in person for LA's opening at Sunset 5 Cinemas, tonight and tomorrow!
- Palladium Boots, ready to help you explore your street, your city, or the world.
- Canadian Tourism Commission. Getaway to Canada now.
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
- Tippr, 50-90% off deals toward your favorite LA spots!
- LivingSocial, the best one-day deals in LA. Get today's deal!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, and a sidewalk sale in your area, you can look your best any time.
- BuyWithMe, save up to 90% on the best places in LA!
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.