This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Cyrus, where a down-on-his luck divorcee finally meets the woman of his dreams. Then he meets her son. Now playing in select theaters.
- Virgin America. Grab a seat and learn to love flying again on the new route from LAX to Toronto. Nonstop service now available everyday.
- Palladium Boots, ready to help you explore your street, your city, or the world.
- Canadian Tourism Commission. Getaway to Canada now.
- LA Safe 511, improving your commute with smart travel decisions. Check real-time traffic speeds, plan a trip on a bus or train, and even find a carpool or vanpool partner.
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
- Tippr, 50-90% off deals toward your favorite LA spots!
- LivingSocial, the best one-day deals in LA. Get today's deal!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.