This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Virgin America, with its new non-stop route from LAX and SFO to Ft. Lauderdale starting 11/18.
- Pirate Radio,the new comedy starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman, from the creator of Love Actually. In theatres 11/13.
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, presenting Beethoven's Fifth Symphony tomorrow night.
- The Men Who Stare at Goats, the new movie starring George Clooney in theaters today.
- American Apparel, with 8 stores in LA, you can look your best after dark.
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.