This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Phish Festival 8, a three day event (10/30-11/1) at the Empire Polo Club in Indio.
- An Evening Without Monty Python, through Sunday at the Ricardo Mantalban Theater.
- American Apparel, with 8 stores in LA, you can look your best after dark.
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
- Palm Springs, offering you half off for Summer with rates starting at $59/night.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.