This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Home Boy, a story about three young Pakistani men on a road-trip through a changed America weeks after 9/11.
- Sunset Strip Music Festival, with events from Sept. 10-12 and 30+ bands on The Sunset Strip on the 12th!
- American Apparel, with 8 stores in LA, you can look your best after dark.
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
- Palm Springs, offering you half off for Summer with rates starting at $59/night.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.