This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- 500 Days of Summer, a story of boy meets girl starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, in select theaters July 17.
- Third Eye Blind, live June 25th at The Hollywood Palladium.
- American Apparel, hiring in locations throughout the area and with warehouse sales on Saturdays & Sunday at select locations.
- Third Eye Blind, playing June 25th at the Hollywood Palladium.
- American Apparel, with 8 stores in LA, you can look your best after dark.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.