This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- BBC America. Catch the premiere of Copper Season Two on BBC America, Sunday, June 23rd.
- Virgin Airlines, now offering non-stop LAX to Las Vegas. The party starts at takeoff!
- Swoon, a dating app now available on Android and iOS!
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Tickets on sale now.
- ALOUD Speaker Series. 20 years of conversations, readings, and performances at the Library Foundation of Los Angeles.
- Dwell on Design, America's largest design event. June 21-23 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Register now!
- The New York Times. Home delivery +free all digital access. Save 50% when you act now.
- Fab. See what's on sale now.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.