This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Cabana Cachaça, a double-distilled cachaça with the same versatility as vodka, but more taste.
- Root for L.A., by using your AMEX card and help L.A. get the largest share of a million-dollar tree-planting grant.
- Experience Hendrix, the 2008 Tribute Tour making a stop at the Greek Theater on Nov. 2nd.
- Barker Block, a new living experience in the arts district.
- Ellis Marsalis Quintet, playing November 16th at The Greek Theater.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.