This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Ben & Jerry's introduces their new Greek Frozen Yogurt flavors in banana, strawberry, and blueberry. Try it!
- Copper. Series premiere Sunday August 19, at 10/9C.
- Virgin Skies. No matter where you're flying, you'll love globetrotting with Virgin Airlines.
- La Philharmonic at The Hollywood Bowl 2012.
- Dwell on Design - A three day celebration of modern design. This weekend!
- Book of Mormon. Tickets for the 9 time Tony award-winning musical on sale Sunday.
- Hollywood Fringe Festival. See shows. Make friends. Have fun.
- Bonobo's. Get 20% off your first purchase!
- 20x200. Affordable Art for Everyone.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.