This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Lola Versus. In theaters June 8.
- Ben & Jerry's introduces their new Greek Frozen Yogurt flavors in banana, strawberry, and blueberry. Try it!
- Virgin Skies. No matter where you're flying, you'll love globetrotting with Virgin Airlines.
- Bonobo's. Get 20% off your first purchase!
- Greg Laswell at The El Rey Theatre - May 31.
- Florence + the Machine at The Hollywood Bowl - October 7 & 8.
- 20x200. Affordable Art for Everyone.
- Corona Light, a refreshing change of beer.
- Stop the Game Playing. State Assembly candidate Brian Johnson spells trouble.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- Badoo. Meet new people. 150 million of them.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.