This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- BBC America No Kitchen Required. Series premiere - April 3 @ 10 p.m.
- Mastercard Pay Pass. Couldn't get to Austin? Read exclusive articles and recaps. See all the photos and videos.
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Refracted - tomorrow @ 8 PM, Sunday at 7 PM.
- UCLA Live. Carolina Chocolate Drops - Friday, April 6 @ Royce Hall.
- American Night - The Ballad of Juan Jose - now through April 1.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.