This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- LA Opera. Albert Nerring - through March 17. Simon Boccanegra - through March 4.
- Pacific Standard Time at The Getty. Learn about the people, places, and happenings that made the art world in LA come to life.
- American Night - The Ballad of Juan Jose - now through April 1.
- UCLA Live - Stew and the Negro Problem - March 9 @ Royce Hall.
- LA Metro. SR-710 Environmental Study. Join the conversation tonight and March 3.
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. Westside Connections - tonight, March 22, and April 5.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.