This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Club Nokia, with tickets going on sale for select shows right now.
- ArtNight Pasadena, a free evening of art, music, and entertainment on October 10th.
- Pendulum, coming to L.A. on October 13th.
- Barker Block, a new living experience in the arts district.
- AIDS Walk LA, where you can register for the October 19th event.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.