This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- UCLA Live: Earl Scruggs. Saturday, November 5 at Royce Hall.
- Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin. Bi-weekly podcasts available for download on iTunes.
- Union for Reform Judaism. Curious about Judaism? Free classes are being offered in the Greater LA area.
- Google Search. Fysiguskus? Find what you're looking for using Google Search.
- Singapore Airlines. All-in fares at exceptional values.
- Autry in Griffith Park. Art Along the Hyphen: The Mexican American Generation exhibit running now through January 2012.
- Pacific Standard Time at the Getty. See how the LA art world came to life from 1945-1980.
- Sungevity. Solar rebates are back in LA- get an iQuote and join the rooftop revolution!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.