This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Armani Code Sport. Dive into the night.
- Pisco Porton. Discover a world of flavor that's sure to cure your Cocktail Fatigue.
- The House of Walker Experience. RSVP with friends for a private Johnnie Walker tasting in LA.
- Newcastle Brown Ale and FILTER Magazine Present: Walk the Dog Day - September 24 in 5 different locations around LA. RSVP now!
- Sungevity, setting you free from rising electricity costs. Solar rebates are back in LA- get an iQuote and join the rooftop revolution!
- Universal Studios Hollywood Citywalk Concert Series. Free live music every weekend!
- PULSE LA. This national contemporary art fair is making it's way west Sept 30-Oct 3.
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- How About We, for people who understand that you don't date online.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.