This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Pisco Portón™. Try something new that actually is new—and discover the unapologetically flavorful new white spirit. Visit piscoportón.com.
- Cave of Forgotten Dreams, from Werner Hertzog. Humanity's Lost Masterpiece... in 3D!
- Hollywood Fringe, in its second year of celebrating the arts with performances, workshops, exhibitions and events. Get tickets now!
- The Autry, an intercultural history center dedicated to the diverse peoples of the American West. Support us by becoming a member!
- Vaccinate LA. LA County's Dept of Public Health wants you to stay healthy. Get vaccinated!
- BuyWithMe, save up to 90% on the best places in LA!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.