This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Old Pasadena Happy Hour Week. Celebrate extended Happy Hours at your favorite Old Pasadena restaurants, bars and lounges.
- LA Chamber Orchestra, presenting another intriguing installment of Westside Connections on Music and the Mind.
- Coachella will be here before you know it. Enjoy the ride, and take the shuttle to the festival.
- BuyWithMe, save up to 90% on the best places in LA!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.