This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- Lexus introducing the new 2011 IS. Wield Precision.
- V Australia. Full service. All style. LA to Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne on V Australia.
- LCD Soundsystem, will be at the Hollywood Bowl with Sleigh Bells and Hot chip, October 15th. Get tickets now!
- Vampire Weekend, performing at the Hollywood Bowl for the first time on Sunday, Sept 26th, along with Beach House and The Very Best. Get tickets now!
- Pavement, performing with Sonic Youth and No Age at the Hollywood Bowl on Thursday, September 30th. Get tickets now!
- Archstone Apartments. Save on a stylish apartment when you lease during the Taste of Archstone Leasing Expo. Get a taste of the Archstone difference.
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
- Tippr, 50-90% off deals toward your favorite LA spots!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- BuyWithMe, save up to 90% on the best places in LA!
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.