This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Thanks to This Week's Advertisers
We would like to take a moment to thank this week's advertisers on LAist.
- FYF Fest 2010 at LA State Historic Park, tomorrow!
- LCD Soundsystem, will be at the Hollywood Bowl with Sleigh Bells and Hot chip, October 15th. Get tickets now!
- AIR, performing at Shrine Auditorium on October 23rd. Tickets on sale now!
- David Gray & Ray LaMontagne, together at the Greek Theatre for two showings - Tuesday, Sept 7 and Wednesday Sept 8 at 7PM. Get tickets now!
- GroupOn, using collective buying power to bring you one ridiculous coupon each day.
- Tippr, 50-90% off deals toward your favorite LA spots!
- American Apparel, with 18 stores in LA, you can look your best any time.
- BuyWithMe, save up to 90% on the best places in LA!
If you're interested in advertising on LAist or any other site in our network, check out our online mediakit.